A free email newsletter breaking down the issues that affect Wichitans the most.
Delivered every Tuesday and Thursday morning
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
We want Beacon stories shared widely for free by other journalism organizations. We welcome and encourage you to republish our journalism. Please follow these rules.
How can I republish The Wichita Beacon?
- Give us credit, ideally in this format: “By Jane Reporter, The Wichita Beacon.”
- Include the following at the top of the story: This story was originally published by The Wichita Beacon, an online news outlet focused on local, in-depth journalism in the public interest. Link “The Wichita Beacon” to the original version of the story.
- Include our canonical URL from wichitabeacon.org in the <head> of your page. This helps preserve our search rankings. You can check the html of the republished version of our story to make sure the canonical URL is pointing to our original story. Scroll down to the end of this post for an example.
- Retain our pixel tag. Our republish tool (found in the “Republish this story” button at the bottom of all article pages) automatically includes a pixel tag that allows us to track views to our stories on other domains. Retain this tag.
- If you republish The Wichita Beacon online, include the hyperlinks in the story.
- It’s fine to change the story to suit your in-house style (for example, using “Lawrence, Kan.” instead of “Lawrence.”)
- If you make changes that are more significant than style tweaks — such as adding a comment from a local official — you need to include a note like this: “Additional reporting by Joe Reporter.”
- You can republish The Wichita Beacon photos and graphics only with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, seek permission.
- If you share the story on social media, please mention @wichitabeacon (Twitter), @wichitabeacon (Facebook) and @wichitabeacon (Instagram).
- Don’t sell the story.
- Don’t sell ads against the story or place the story behind a paywall. Feel free, however, to republish The Wichita Beacon on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.
Questions? Email email@example.com